These days, everyone is trying to lose weight, but where do you start?
Eating is such an emotional part of our lives and unfortunately, most people think that eating healthy involves strict dieting and no fun. I just started reading a great book called “Switch” and it explains that we all have an “emotional” and “rational” mind. The rational mind says that we all want and need to be healthy, lean and live a better life. The emotional mind wants to eat cookies. So what do we do?
From my experience, most people make better choices, when they understand what to eat, why to eat it, and how to incorporate healthy foods into their crazy schedules! Statistics show that over 50% of America’s food budget is spent dining out. To me, that means that people are busy and eat whatever is convenient.
If you want to make better eating choices it is vital to keep good food around you all the time. Here are 5 tips to help you lose weight fast and 3 new tools to help speed up your results.
1. Go to the grocery store and use a healthy grocery shopping list. Have you ever gone to the store hungry? If so, you know what I’m about to say…you are just asking to spend more money and buy a bunch of crap you don’t need and shouldn’t eat. Go to the store with a plan.
2. Plan your meals for the week. ALL of the top athletes and fitness competitors I have been around plan their meals ahead of time. We are all busy, so that’s no longer an excuse. Plan a day or two each week, when you can cook a lot of food so it is ready for the days ahead.
3. Use containers to divide up your food. Once you cook, it is simple to divvy up portions into Tupperware and put it in the fridge. This is an easy way to control portions, make food accessible, easy to heat up and to take on the go.
4. Bring food to work, school and to other events. Buy a cooler or bring a bag with meals, snacks and water for the day. Like I said before, you need to keep good food around, so you don’t fall victim to emotions or raging hunger pains.
5. Be patient and learn new habits. For most of you, this is a drastic change to your common eating habits. If you really want to change your body, then you need to change your eating habits. Start shopping consistently, learning to prepare simple meals and keep good snack around. Every week you will learn what works and what doesn’t, but be patient. You are on the road to success and you will be happy with the results.
Here are a few tools to help you get started:
We look forward to hearing about your success.
Leave us a comment!