The day started out with a talk about fueling your body correctly in order to last the 6 to 9 hours this event may take. Fueling comes in the form of calories, water, but most important mental toughness.
Mental Toughness Wins the Day
Mental toughness is the ability to keep your mental environment soaked with positive talk. Words and phrases like, “Strength. Stamina. Endurance. Push. Drive. Will. Commitment. Courage. Persistence. I think I can. I know I can. I am doing this. I’ve got this. One more step. One more breath. You’re almost there. I will do this. This can be done. I am finishing strong.” Were filling the minds of all the competitors on Saturday May 7th, 2011 from 6am to 3:30pm. Most of this crew has been training hard for an event like this for months, but we had a warrior who was with us for only a month, and one who has only been doing Warrior Training for a week. They all had really good foundations of fitness, but it was their ability to stay “mentally tough” that won the day!
- Pull-ups: Aaron Guyett-20, Eric Anchetta-15, Vince Lopez-13, Luis Vanegas-10, Tri Luu-6, and Kent Adams-5
- Marine Corps Style Crunches in 2 minutes: Aaron Guyett-100, Vince Lopez-100, Luis Vanegas-72, Eric Anchetta-69, Tri Luu-65, and Kent Adams-60
- 3.14 Mile Run: Aaron Guyett-18:39, Luis Vanegas-20:43, Eric Anchetta-22:50, Vince Lopez-25:15, Tri Luu-29:30, and Kent Adams-31:36
- Warrior Training Combat Fitness Test- Aaron Guyett & Eric Anchetta-17:28, Tri Luu & Luis Vanegas-25:07, and Kent Adams & Vince Lopez-33:02
- Modified Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol: 4 miles with a 150lb Log, then 4 miles of technical hiking, and all 8 of those miles were with a pack. Total time 4 hours and 54 minutes.
My good friend and fellow Warrior, John Madden had a sprained ankle, but helped out with the CFT AND did the WHOLE Modified Long Range Reconnaissance Patrol! He has really helped Warrior Training develop a new kind of mental toughness, that reaches deep inside, and can carry you further than you have ever gone before. John Madden, you are an inspiration and a physical specimen, and for that we love you, you crazy psycho!
Thank you so much Madden for all your help, guidance, and GREAT LEADERSHIP! You will bring Warrior Training, the IR Family, and me GREAT JOY when you go to selection. 🙂
Innovative Results Presents Warrior Training Commando Course III
August 20th, 2011 at 6am