We are social creatures.
Heck….We even like to go to the bathroom together.
Yet all too often we choose to go on a cardio machine and workout by ourselves.
No wonder it can be hard to stick to a routine!
Instead of working out by ourselves, let’s use the fact that we are social creatures – let’s make working out social.
Because being social may just be the motivation you need to make the switch to a healthy lifestyle!
Don’t believe me?
Then check out these reasons to make your workouts a social event!
• Working out will be more FUN when you have your friends around you. And “fun” generally means it is something you will WANT to do again.
• Friends hold you accountable. Friends will check in on you when you skip a session. They will check in on you and help give you a reason to go even when you don’t necessarily “feel” like it.
• Friends motivate us. Knowing you will be letting someone down if you don’t go will keep you showing up even when you aren’t motivated.
• Working out with friends can also push you to work harder. If your friend is doing heavier weight or more reps, you are probably going to push yourself to do a few more reps as well!
• Friends will also support you. Have you plateaued? Have your results slowed? Having a friend there you can chat with who may be going through the same thing or have gone through the same thing in the past, can really help you push through the rough patches!
• Making working out social can also help you remain dedicated to your goals. For one, you have a reason to go because the workouts are fun. Two, your friends hold you accountable if you don’t show. And three, it will keep you dedicated even when your internal motivation wears off because you are part of a group and you can’t let down the group!
• There is sense of community when you workout with friends. And that community gives you a strong reason to keep moving toward your goals. And it also allows you to help OTHERS move toward their goals as well! You can both get support and GIVE SUPPORT!
So if you’ve been struggling to make a healthy lifestyle change or reach your goals, maybe it’s time you started working out with friends!
Want to join a great community and have some fun?
Try out one of our classes for FREE today! Fill out the form below and one of our knowledgeable coaches will contact you…