Why do you think so many people fail when they try to get in shape or lose weight?
Innovative Results has developed their 5 Aspects of Fitness plan that allows clients to increase their chances of success. It addresses all five aspects that affect someone’s ability to get in shape and stay in shape. These are time tested practices that the world’s top athletes and competitors use to get in incredible shape!
Innovative Results 5 Aspects of Fitness
1. Mental Fitness – This is commonly skipped, but is the #1 factor that will determine your level of success. Knowing specifically what you are striving toward, why you are doing it and when it will be completed are incredibly important. It allows you to determine where you are, where you want to go and how you are going to get there, so that when challenges arise, you are not sidetracked by the obstacles….and its not a matter of if you will be challenged, but when. So make sure your goals are clear! . Check out this article to help get your goals dialed in.
2. Nutritional Success – These days it seems like there is a new diet plan coming out every week. Eat this, don’t eat that… How do you know how whats healthy and whats not? Unfortunately, marketing has confused us all. Innovative Results truly believes that healthy eating does not need to be complicated. It is really very simple. Here is our cardinal rule: If God made it, eat it. If it occurs in nature and hasn’t been altered by man, then it is good, healthy and safe. It is really very simple. Whole, natural foods provide everything we need and processed, manufactured foods do more damage than good. Here are a few helpful sheets that can help you learn more and apply healthy eating habits into your life. Drink plenty of Water, Five Worst Foods, Healthy Shopping List, and track eating habits with our Food Log.
3. Exercise progress – The foundation of exercise is movement. Everybody squats, lunges, pushes, pulls, bends, twists and walks. That’s it, simple. All the rest of the variables (what exercises/drills, how much, how often, how intense) depend on your ability level and specific goals. One key point is to continuously challenge your body, keep it guessing and force it to change and adapt. People’s biggest mistake is doing the same exercises every week, every year and then wondering why their bodies havent changed. Our bodies adapt quickly, so it is important to challenge yourself with new routines every 3-6 weeks. Work hard, mix it up and reap the rewards! More exercise articles here.
4. Increased Recovery – Most people live in front of a computer, driving a car or sitting in front of the TV. So, when you start to move, you are going to have some soreness and minor aches. If you are a more seasoned athlete, then you will need to learn recovery techniques to speed recovery and improve performance. Some simple recovery techniques include proper warm up (preventative), corrective exercise, ice, massage, self myo-fascial release, contrast showers, time off, and proper nutrition. Utilizing these techniques helps people progress faster than they ever thought possible. Download our Recovery Techniques here.
5. Guidance and Accountability – There are very few people who can set a goal, execute and stay on track by themselves. When you start a program it is important to get good advise and to have a support group that is dedicated to your success. Most of us can be lazy, lose focus, and come up with a variety of excuses to stop, postpone or procrastinate. A good trainer, coach or workout partner is there to hold you accountable to the goals that you have set.
So there you have it. 5 Proven techniques that are vital for any fitness plan.
We hope this helps you develop your foundation and makes this year your best ever!