By Aaron Guyett
Recently I have had a ton of clients ask me to help them with their nutrition. Which is AWESOME!!
Nutrition is literally THE MOST IMPORTANT part of losing or gaining weight. I am stoked to help you with one of these at a time: gaining lean body mass or losing body fat.
Trying to gain lean body mass AND lose body fat at the same time is unproductive at best.
Most of us are trying to lose the body fat, and reveal the sexy and strong muscles we’ve been hiding underneath that blubbery substance for too long! This blog will direct you to some of the best resources I have, in this battle against the bodies best fuel storage ever–fat
To use your fat as fuel instead of cushion here are the principles:
- Psychological hunger (boredom usually) is not your friend…drink 12-20 ounces of water when you think your hungry and wait thirty minutes, if you are still hungry, go ahead and eat.
- Plan what you consume (eat and drink), and record what you consume–yes, even cheating. If you plan your cheat meals, they will not overtake your life, by going from one meal to an entire weekend (starting Friday and rolling Monday, because-I-already-messed-up-so-I-might-as-well-eat-like-crap-again-today). It is hard to use fat as fuel, when you keep storing up the fuel for four days straight. Try MyFitnessPal as an app to plan and track.
- Not every calorie is the same, but if you drastically reduce the consumption of alcohol, high fructose corn syrup, sugar, sodium, and saturated fats, counting calories will really help you understand what is going on with your body. Your lean body mass uses fuel, and your body fat can be used as fuel if you run out of food as its primary fuel source. Estimating calories spent and calories consumed will give you a much better idea of what you are doing to create this internal environment. It is just like using a budget and financial tracker, but for your physical health. S ome of the free websites and apps out there are incredible for keeping track, and make it easy.
- If what you are doing right now is not getting you to where you want to be, stop doing it. I think it is unfair to tell someone to stop without giving them at least a couple solutions. Try the above first, and if you need some helpful plans for nutrition I have a link here that has three incredible downloads just for you! http://www.personaltrainerorangecounty.com/30daydownload2013-2/
- Use the advice and experience of the experts you pay and visit on a weekly basis. The Innovative Results trainers have not only done all of the above for themselves, but they have literally helped thousands of people lose body fat, eat better, move better, feel better, and look better. They have heard every excuse, situation, and reason for not getting to goals multiple times. They want to help you improve your quality of life. Use them.
- Once you get to your goals, please, please, please, pretty please do not go back to the nutrition and lifestyle choices you were making before. That was the reason you decided to get help in the first place, or read and follow this pathway to use fat as fuel. There is no reason in this whole wide world that you would want to go down that path again. So make new habits, and keep them for heaven’s sake!
Here is a quick synopsis of what is written above: hunger doesn’t necessarily mean eat; plan and record what you eat; understand that calories are important, but not everything; stop doing what is storing up fat, and start making changes that help you use fat as fuel; use actual experts in this field; and stay the course, even when you get to your goal weight or look. Going back to your old ways, will only turn you into your old self (the one that had more fuel or cushion than you wanted and needed).
Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I hope the app, link, and blog helped you this week, month, and year!
Email email@example.com, or fill out the form below to find out how Innovative Results can help you out more specifically.