Southern California is an amazing place to live and play. With so many beaches, parks and trails, there is an endless supply of places to go and stay active. So, if you are looking for an alternative to the gym or just something to do on the weekend, here are 10 of our favorite places to workout in Orange County.
1. Crystal Cove State Park, Newport Coast. 17 miles of hiking trails. There are three main hiking routes in Crystal Cove State Park. Green Route (easiest), Red Route (moderate), and Blue Route (strenuous). Beautiful ocean views! click here for more info.
2. Back Bay Trail Loop, Newport Beach. Just over 10 miles. Perfect for walkers, runners and bikes. click here for map.
3. 1000 Steps, Laguna Beach. Not for the faint of heart! People come from all around to walk
and run these steps. Better bring your “A” game for this one….and a Gatorade. Here’s some more reviews and a map. Enjoy!
4. Top of the World Hike, Laguna Beach. This is an amazing place with incredible views. You can hike to the top on a sunny day. Not too crazy. Here is some more info.
5. Aliso Woods, Laguna Hills/Laguna Beach. Great intermediate mountain bike trails that weave through the hills. Check out a map here
6. OCC Track and Football Stadium, Costa Mesa. Sprints, stairs and other misc nonsense. This is a great change of pace from regular runs or gym workouts. Run the bleachers, do some intervals on the track. Have fun, mix it up! Here’s your map.
7. Mile Square Park. The name says it all. Run, walk, play, chill. Full of stuff to do. More info here
8. Pick a beach. Almost forgot that we live by the ocean..everyone has a favorite and they are all amazing. Choice is yours. Walk, run, surf, paddle, play, laugh and enjoy yourself.
9. Paddle board along the coast – works your upper body, balance and stamina, but who notices that when you are looking at the view? Incredible. You can rent equipment in just about every city. Laguna beach and The Back Bay are pretty popular spots.
10. Kayak in Newport Bay – cool change of pace and beautiful views of the water, homes, boats and more. Definitely a workout, but a fun change of pace.
So there ya have it. 10 new places to get a workout in Orange County.
Have fun, get outside and stay active!
If you live in Orange County and are Interested in Visting IR’s Gym, simply fill out the form below and one of our personal trainers will contact you to schedule your FREE Trial!