Bob Hope attributes “a daily massage” for his long-lasting youthful energy and 100 years.
At BALANCE IN MOTION, massage is an important part of my patients’ care. When muscles are tight, it is difficult for me to affect the underlying alignment without first alleviating the tension. Massage not only makes my job as a chiropractor easier it improves many aspects of health and well-being.
Here are my top five reasons to become a regular massage user:
1. Beat the Blues. The Touch Research Institute has conducted many studies investigating massage for depression and anxiety. These studies have shown massage leads to a decrease in the levels of stress hormones pulsing through our bodies.
2. Get in the Flow. Massage improves circulation. Muscle cells need oxygenated blood to function properly. The faster your blood can get to your muscles, the faster they recover from your workout. This also diminishes soreness and can reduce swelling.
3. Clear the Crap. Our bodies’ toxins accumulate in the lymphatic system and contribute to disease. The stimulation of lymphatic drainage helps your body get rid of metabolites that build up during workouts.
4. Boost your Immunity. According to Science Daily, researchers from Cedars-Sinai’s Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences have found massage created measurable changes in participant’s immune and hormonal response, including increased white blood cell count.
5. Live Free. Massage improves joint mobility. The body is a musculoskeletal system. Tight muscles, tendons and ligaments put pressure on the body’s framework (skeleton) which can cause mobility problems leading to injury.
Ready to improve your health with the power of touch?
Call for pricing & services (949)515-4006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and get healthier and happier this week.