Dr VInce DiSaia put on an incredible run clinic last Saturday!
1. Common running injuries, why they occur and how to avoid them.
* Ease into running and into any changes to your program or technique
* Take time for recovery (soft tissue work, nutrition and stretching)
* Strengthen your foot, ankles and hips.
2. Basic running warm up to increase performance and decrease the risk of injury.
* Use a stick, foam roller, or other devise to break up adhesions.
* Do some run specific warm ups to prepare your feet, ankles, knees and hips for your run.
3. Foundational exercises and drills to help run specific muscles function and make your stride more efficient.
* Start very basic to create a solid foundation in your feet, legs, hips and core.
* Energy leaks from imballances or weak muscles are the cause of pain, fatigue and slower run times.
Awesome information! Thanks Vince!
We will be having our next Run Clinic on Saturday, Sept 25th at 10am.
Be sure and RSVP in the comment section below!