Framing our mindset through actionable goals, building a positive support system, and remembering our why for movement – we will go into our day head and heart strong. When we prioritize our recovery in between movement sessions, we perform better. When we can perform better; we will move better, feel better, then ultimately, look better! Understanding how these three aspects come together is through intentional practices that can change your life!
Starting with our frame of mind, or mindset, we can…
- Start and end the day with gratitude for our bodies. Sending gratitude to your body for carrying you through the day is a practice that can be done through journaling or mediation!
- Write down your why for movement! Why do you want to feel better? What do you want to move better for? Why do you want to look better? (Remind yourself of your SMART goal!)
- Jot down positive words that motivate, inspire, or resonate with you.
The Buddha says “Our life is the creation of our mind,” so create a positive life with a positive mind!
Once we have started off the day with a positive mindset, we can have a positive intention going into our movement sessions! We can move better when we…
- Choose a movement that is enjoyable for you and have fun!
- Start with the basics of movement. Performing an exercise without understanding the basic pattern of movement can be harmful to our success! Lean on those who are there to help you!
- Understand that our bodies are adaptable and powerful!
Movement can be as simple as committing to showing up for ourselves in each workout!
The practices that follow an awesome workout is our form of recovery. Just like movement and mindset-recovery is an intentional form of rest. Our recovery can be…
- Sleeping for a full 8 hours!
Fueling our body with good nutrient-dense foods pre- and post-workout!
- Feeling supported by your community and coaches!
The idea of recovery is simply taking CARE of yourself each day by providing your body with adequate rest, water, and fuel for your day!
MINDSET is our frame of mind that charges our day with energy. In order to cultivate your mindset, you must RECOVER and be mindful of what the body needs each day. Both mindset and recovery will fuel our ability to MOVE with purpose in training sessions!!
Leave a Reply