Maintaining a regular exercise routine can be challenging, even though we KNOW fitness and exercise is great for us!
So how can YOU stay motivated to keep up with your fitness training, or even get started with a new fitness training program when you just ‘don’t feel like it’?
Dumb Little Man’s Claire Jones has 19 Ways to Get Motivated to Exercise just for you!
1. Tell a Friend when you plan to work out and what activity you’ll be doing – an accountability partner is a great asset!
2. Create a Playlist that lifts your mood and gets you moving
3. Put on your sports gear and head out the door immediately
4. Arrange a workout with a friend – again accountability will be a huge asset for your success!
5. Make it FUN – do what you enjoy.
6. Incorporate little bursts of activity into your day – You don’t have to be at the gym for it to count as exercise!
7. Plan how far you want to run, swim or walk, and then halve it.
8. Buy gear that makes you look and feel good.
9. Work out in the morning, whenever you can.
10. Join a Sports Group – meet new people that enjoy the same activities as you!
11. Find an activity that’s on your way home from work.
12. Keep picturing the most sporty version of you.
13. Go for ten minutes only – once you get going, odds are you will continue beyond your 10 minutes!
14. Go to the gym when your favorite TV show is on – now you have no excuse. 🙂
15. Give yourself a reward after you’ve worked out.
16. Remember that action creates motivation.
17. Set up a 30-day Challenge.
18. Don’t focus on the whole workout.
19. Write down the excuses you have for not working out.
For a breakdown of each motivation tip you can read the Full Article on Dumb Little Man HERE
As I sit here typing this, I have a date with a trail that I am supposed to be running.
So remembering that action creates motivation, I will finalize this article, and run on the trail for ten minutes only…which I am sure will turn into more, but right now I am thinking of all the things I need to do today.
My reward will be that satisfying feeling you have when you have accomplished something awesome!
Which is how I feel after every fitness training session at Innovative Results – The Orange County Fitness Playground, so I am sure that this will be no different.
Not focusing on the full workout, just doing ten minutes, using action to create motivation, and feeling that huge sense of achievement when I am done is what will get me motivated to exercise for this particular exercise in my fitness training program.
Make Your Next One, Your Best One!
Did you like “19 Ways to Get Motivated to Exercise”? Leave us a comment and share this with your friends, family, and coworkers…
Looking for a motivational, accountability partner? Fill out the contact us below and our IR Training Team will get you started!